Driver CPC Training Course
The Driver CPC certification is now a standard part of professional driving when that driving involves operating large vehicles such as lorries, buses or coaches for reward.
Due to recent changes in EU Law, drivers now must demonstrate that they understand the demands of driving such vehicles on the roads. In order to gain your Driver Qualification Card (DQC) you must complete your CPC.
Firstly, you must pass your practical driving test. Depending on when you passed your test,
you will be placed into one of two categories:
- • Passed your test before 10/01/1997 you should have acquired rights (you can find this information on the back of your driving license). These acquired rights mean that you do not need to pass any exams in order to gain your CPC. You must attend a 35 hour training course.
- • Passed your test after 10/01/1997 you will not have acquired rights. This means you will have to sit both a theory and a practical test to demonstrate your skills and knowledge.
Periodic Driver CPC Training
All drivers must complete the periodic training every 5 years to maintain their DQC. It is an offence to drive a vehicle without holding this DQC.
At TL training, we run regular driver CPC training courses in North Wales, Deeside, Flintshire and Wrexham. Candidates will receive full support throughout their training.
Each course has a choice of 3.5 hour modules that can be tailored to suit the requirements of the business or learner.
Driver CPC Course Content
Our driver CPC training course covers the following:
- • Health and Safety aspects
- • The professional driver
- • Haulage operations: compliance and enforcement
- • Haulage operations: road freight compliance
- • Load safety
- • Analogue and digital tachographs
- • Emergency actions
- • Vehicle systems
- • Safe and economic driving
- • On the road
- • Drivers hours regulations
- • Road traffic incident management
Get In Touch
Interested in undertaking one of our driver CPC training courses in North Wales? Call us today on 0151 343 0588 to learn more. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com and a member of our team will get back to you as soon as possible. We run driver cpc training courses in North Wales, Deeside, Wrexham and Flintshire.