We recommend that all homes, workplaces, cars and public places have a well-stocked first aid kit. First aid kits are designed to manage all types of injuries including basic cuts, scrapes and burns. Immediate treatment can decrease the chance of further risk, injury or infection.
First Aid Kit Essentials
We have compiled a list of the items we consider as essential in a first aid kit:
- • Plasters – we recommend a variety of plasters, different shapes and sizes. Either fabric or waterproof plastic plasters are necessary and if you work with food you should use blue plasters.
- • Small, medium and large sterile gauze dressings.
- • Triangular bandages – these can either be used as a bandage for larger wounds (if sterile) or folded and used as a sling.
- • Safety pins & sticky tape.
- • Disposable sterile gloves.
- • Scissors & tweezers.
- • Alcohol-free cleansing wipes
- • Thermometer
- • Sterile eye pads
- • Cream for rashes
- • Cream to relieve insect bites or stings
- • Antiseptic cream
- • Eyewash
- • Antihistamine cream or tablets
- • Painkillers
It is extremely important to regularly check the contents of your first aid kit to ensure it is well stocked. Sterile items and medicines are likely to be marked with an expiry
date. Make sure that your equipment is in date and undamaged.
Get In Touch
Interested in undertaking one of our First Aid Courses in Wirral? Call us today on 0151 343 0588 to learn more. You can also email us at email@example.com and a member of our team will get back to you as soon as possible. We run regular first aid courses in Wirral and across the surrounding areas.