At TL Training we know how important it is for staff to receive the highest standard of training when it comes to mental health first aid. We have a wealth of experience in providing mental health first aid training in Wirral and offer a range of courses at different levels. We can cater for the needs of different organisations and their diverse workforce’s.
Mental Health First Aid Training In Wirral
Our mental health first aid courses in Wirral are designed to teach candidates how to spot signs and symptoms of mental ill health and how to provide help on a first aid basis.
Our adult mental health training course is conducted over two days. By the end of the course candidates will be able to recognise the crucial warning signs of ill mental health. Candidates will also be confident in guiding someone to the appropriate support.
Implementing mental health first aid training within the workplace or a community encourages people to talk about mental health, helping to reduce the stigma and creating a more positive culture.
What Does The Course Cover?
The mental health first aid course covers a wide range of topics. These topics are split into four manageable sessions. Each session is taught through a mixture of group activities, presentations and discussions to keep the course engaging.
• Why Mental Health First Aid?
• The Mental Health First Aid action plan
• What is mental health?
• Impact of mental health issues
• Stigma and discrimination
• What is depression?
• Symptoms of depression
• Risk factors for depression
• Depression in the workplace
• Suicide figures
• Alcohol, drugs and mental health
• First aid for suicidal crisis
• Non-judgemental listening skills
• First aid for depression
• Treatment and resources for depression
• What is an anxiety disorder?
• First aid for anxiety disorders
• Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
• Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
• Treatment and resources for anxiety disorders
• Cognitive distortions and CBT
• Personality disorders
• Eating disorders
• What is psychosis?
• Risk factors for psychosis
• Alcohol, drugs and psychosis
• Bipolar disorder
• Warning signs of developing psychosis
• Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
• Treatment and resources for psychosis
• Recovery and building resources
• Action planning for using MHFA
What Will Candidates Come Away With?
On completion of our mental health first aid course candidates will have:
• An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
• Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
• Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
• Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
• Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
Areas We Cover
We provide mental health first aid courses to businesses and individuals in:
• West Kirby
• New Brighton
and right across Wirral.
Get In Touch
Interested in undertaking one of our Mental Health First Aid Courses in Wirral? Call us today on 0151 343 0588 to learn more. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will get back to you as soon as possible.